This section describes your rights under the CCPA and explains how to exercise those rights. Please note this section does not apply to employment-related personal information collected from California-based employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
In order to exercise your rights under the CCPA, you are required to submit a verifiable consumer request. The steps for submitting a verifiable consumer request are provided below in the section titled Submitting a Request Under the CCPA.
Right to Know About Personal Information We Collect, Disclose, Etc.
You have the right to request that NCS disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for which we disclosed the category of personal information.
Sale of Personal Information
National Commercial Services does not engage in the sale of personal information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that NCS delete any of your personal information that we collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform your contract with our client.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us and/or our clients.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
National Commercial Services does not discriminate against consumers who exercise their rights provided by the CCPA.
Submitting a Request Under the CCPA
To exercise your rights described above, you will need to submit a verifiable consumer request:
- You can give us a call at 818-701-4400
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We will be unable to respond to a request, or provide you with personal information, if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. The type of information needed to verify your identity is dependent on the circumstances surrounding why we may have been in contact with you. Generally and for most individuals, however, your name, address, phone number, and your NCS account number will likely be necessary for us to verify your identity.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response to you by mail or electronically, at your option.
Our response to a verifiable consumer request will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your verifiable consumer request.
If we are unable to comply with a request, we will provide a response which explains the reason(s) we are unable to comply with a request, if applicable.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
National Commercial Services reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice for California Residents at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our website(s) and update the Privacy Notice’s effective date.
Contact for More Information:
If you have questions or concerns about National Commercial Services’ Privacy Policies or practices, or the Privacy Notice for California Residents, you can contact us at: